The New Inequalities: Race, Crime, and the Life Course in the Era of Hyper-Incarceration.
Co-Sponsored by Roy Wilkins Center for Human Relations and Social Justice (Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs), the College of Liberal Arts, and the Department of Sociology.
- Sara Wakefield, University of California-Irvine
"Mass Incarceration and the Intergenerational Transmission of Inequality"
- Jason Schnittker, University of Pennsylvania
"Incarceration and Health: Results, Mechanisms, and Processes"
- Keynote Speaker: Bruce Western, Harvard University
"From Inequality to Insecurity: A Longitudinal Perspective on Stratification"
- Carla Shedd, Columbia University
"Arresting Development: Urban Youth and the End of Adolescence"
- Devah Pager, Princeton University (presented by co-author Michelle Phelps)
"The Prison as a Socializing Institution